As of now, REVEL Big Cottonwood is scheduled to commence as planned on September 12, 2020.
Let's address the obvious question. What if I sign up and the race is later canceled due to COVID-19?
For those feeling trepidation about registering, we'd like to remind our runners of the generous transfer/withdrawal/deferral policies in place. In the event that we are forced to cancel, registered participants can choose from the following options:
- Complimentary Deferment: Runners may elect to defer the entire amount of their registration fee to be used at any future REVEL event. The current deferment fee will be waived.
- Virtual Race: Runners may elect to run the race virtually at the time and location of their choice and receive a mailed race packet free of charge. The mailed packet will include a race shirt, medal, bib, Tru Flask, Goodr sunglasses, running cap, and customized result card showing the finish time of the virtual race. Those who select this option will also be given a code for a 20% discount on a REVEL merchandise purchase.
Given this policy we hope to have eliminated any financial risk, and we strongly encourage runners not to hesitate to register.
If the race is to commence as scheduled, what precautions will be in place to ensure my safety?
REVEL events are supposed to be fun, challenging, inspiring, and safe - and now more than ever, we take that last one very seriously.
Runners can be assured that REVEL will be implementing an extensive series of safety measures for both the expo and race day. These measures would be too long to list here, but among them include:
- Gloves, masks, and temperature checks for all race staff and volunteers
- Increased hand-washing and sanitation stations
- Limited "touch-points" and vigorous sanitation of each
- Assigned time slots for race packet pick-up and mailing options
- Provided face masks for runners during race-day transportation
We will provide detailed updates regarding race day and safety protocol as we grow closer to the event.
We look forward to REVELing with you all in Salt Lake City. See you in September!